Lauki or Bottle Goard, it is there in the list of hate veggie for many, especially for children. I am presenting an interesting recipe for you all that you can try, which might change your perceptions about Lauki. Tofu Lauki Kofta! Sounds yummy, isn’t it! It tastes delicious as well.
Tofu and Lauki (bottle gourd) both are good for your health. Tofu is rich in proteins and contains all 8 essential amino acids and you can consume it for weight loss. It is easily available in the market. Another ingredient- Lauki, helps in reducing sugar level and keeps the heart healthy, that’s why advised by the doctors to sugar patients.
Tofu Lauki Kofta is made like other kofta using gram flour (besan) and other spices. To make the curry thick curd and tomato puree is used to increase tanginess. One of the easy healthy recipes for dinner when any special guest arrived at your home.
Soya Paneer and Bottle gourd both can make healthy recipes for weight loss because tofu is gluten-free, rich in iron, protein and low calories. Whereas, Lauki is rich in dietary fiber, both soluble and insoluble. Follow the method how to make and I am sure your family members will love it.
Cuisine: Indian Cuisine – Tofu Lauki Kofta Curry (Tofu or Soya Paneer and Doodhi Kofta)
Preparing Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Serving – 4
Ingredient for Kofta (Tofu Lauki Kofta Curry)
- 150-gram Lauki (Bottle Gourd) Grated
- 100-gram Tofu (Soya Paneer) grated
- 1 medium potato boiled and grated
- 1 tablespoon besan(Gram flour)
- Onion finely chopped 1 small
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves (Cilantro) – Finely Chopped
- Oil for deep fry
Ingredient for Curry (Tofu Lauki Kofta Curry)
- 2 medium size onion (one finely chopped and one grated)
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 medium size Tomato (Make Puree)
- Coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- 1 ½ tea spoon red chili
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder/Haldi
- Cumin/ Jeera powder 1 tea spoon
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 black cardamom
- 3-4 black paper seeds
- 1 cinnamon / dalchini
- 3 teaspoon curd
- 1 teaspoon milk cream
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Fresh coriander leaf finely chopped
- 2 table spoon oil
- Salt as per taste
Method of preparing Kofta
- Take a mixing bowl add grated tofu, louki, potato, chopped onion, besan, kasuri methi, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into equal portion in the size of a lemon and make the ball with the help of your palm.
- Take oil in deep frying pan on medium flame. Once the oil is hot, add kofta ball into the pan. Add only 4-5 ball at a time to avoid breaking the ball in pan.
- Turn another side slowly and fry till it gets golden brown.
- Remove it from the pan and use a paper napkin to remove excess oil.
Method of cooking Tofu Lauki Kofta Curry
- Keep oil in deep frying pan on medium heat.
- After heating of oil put Bay Leaf, black cardamom, black paper seeds, cinnamon / dalchini
- Add chopped onion into the pan and stir till brown
- Add onion paste and stir till get brown well
- Then Add ginger garlic paste into the pan and mix well stir till it gets brown.
- Add tomato puree and Red chili powder, coriander powder, Turmeric powder, Jeera powder and mix well.
- Turn the flame into low and cook it for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Mix curd ,cream and sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
- Once the masala is cooked add curd mixture into masala and sauté it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Now Masala is ready, check it will start leaving the oil in the corner then add 2 small glass of water, let it get boiled again for 7 to 8 minutes or the requirement of gravy thickness you can boil the gravy for 3-4 minutes more.
- Switch off the flame then add kofta in grave garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve this medium spicy Tofu lauki kofta curry with chapatti, Roti, or Jeera rice.
- While making kofta add besan and potato to bind the kofta well, do not use access besan otherwise kofta will become harder.
Check out other paneer recipe and kofta.
For most recent update on Vegetarian recipes: Follow me on Instagram & Twitter
For recent post updates on my blog, LikeFacebookbook page to get the feed: Kalpskitchen