Shrikhand is a traditional authentic Indian dessert from the western part of India. Elaichi Shrikhand Recipe is mainly served in summer as a dessert or sweet dish in marriage or other functions. Elaichi Shrikhand main ingredient is Chakka (Hung Curd) which is very good to have in summers.
Ingredient for Elaichi Shrikhand Recipe
- 250 Grams Hung Curd or 1 Kg Normal Curd (dahi)
- 6 – 8 Elaichi (Cardamom)
- 5 – 6 flakes Saffron
- 6 – 8 Tablespoon Sugar Powder
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Pista & Cashew for Garnish
How to make Elaichi Shrikhand:
Method of making Hung Curd
- Take a piece of cloth, put it in a strainer and pour 1 Kg Curd it, prefer homemade curd made with full cream milk for a better result.
- Tie the cloth in a way that you can hang it somewhere to drain the Whey from the curd. (Collect the Whey in a container, you can use it in other recipes)
- Hang it overnight to drain the Whey completely from it.
- Hung curd is ready to be used in Elaichi Shrikhand
Method of making Elaichi Shrikhand
- Take hung curd in a bowl
- Take 1/4 cup warm milk and add a few flakes of saffron to it.
- Add saffron dissolved milk to the hung curd and whip the hung curd for few minutes
- Add powdered sugar and cardamom seed powder to it and whip it for few minutes till the mixture become smooth
- Garnish it with dry fruits of your choice.
- Elaichi shrikhand is ready. Chill it for some time to serve it with Puri or Chapati.
For recent post updates on my blog, LikeFacebookbook page to get the feed: Kalpskitchen