A crispy Gujarati snack Farsi Puri recipe made from all-purpose flour. Gujrati Farsi puri resembles mathri in texture, but quite different in taste. Like other snacks, the Farsi puri is a perfect tea-time snack. This Farsi puri can be prepared in advance and stored in an airtight container for around 15-20 days. Avoid exposing them to air and they will remain crisp for a long time.
Cuisine: Indian Snacks – Gujrati Farsi Puri
Preparing Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving – 2
Ingredients for Farsi Puri
2 All-purpose Flour (Maida)
1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jira)
2 Teaspoon Black pepper Crushed
2 Tablespoon Kasuri Methi
Salt as per taste
2 Tablespoon ghee
1/2 cup water
Method of cooking Farsi Puri:
- Take Maida in mixing bowl, add Cumin seeds, black paper, Kasuri Methi, salt and 1 and a half tablespoon of ghee (Note: Always use the melted ghee as it can be easily mixed)
- Mix all the ingredient nicely
- We should add enough ghee (as required we called it moyan which helps to make poori crispy) then add little water to bind the dough. The dough should be a bit hard.
- Once the dough is ready, cover it with the wet cloth and let it rest aside for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts and take the first ball and put it on a rolling board (Chakla) and roll it into a thick flat disc
- Apply some ghee on top of the rolled puri evenly, then from one end start rolling and make like a tube.
- Cut the rolled tube horizontally into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Take one piece and press it with your hand and make it flat and start rolling it like a puri. Do this for all the pieces. Roll it thick like a mathri. Prick all the puris with the help of folk or knife.
- Take oil in a deep frying pan on medium flame, once oil hot add puri .( Depending upon the frying vessel you can fry the puris in batches.)
- After 2-3 minutes turn the flame into low and deep fry it.
- When the bottom surface turns golden brown flip it over to another side and deep fry until another side turns golden brown and crisp.
- It will take 6-7 minutes to fry completely from both sides.
- Once done nicely take out from oil and keep it on tissue paper to soak extra oil.
- Delicious FarsiPuri smack is ready to serve with Masala Tea.
- It can be stored in an air-tight container and use it for 15 to 20 days.
For most recent update on Vegetarian recipes: Follow me on Instagram & Twitter
For recent post updates on my blog, LikeFacebookbook page to get the feed: Kalpskitchen
I can hear good sound thank you so much for sharing nice post.
I definitely wanted to post a simple remark in order to say thanks to you for all the remarkable tips you are showing on this site. My rather long internet search has finally been honored with awesome strategies to share with my friends and classmates. I would express that we visitors are rather endowed to dwell in a perfect site with very many marvellous people with great guidelines. I feel very much grateful to have come across your weblog and look forward to tons of more fabulous moments reading here. Thanks once again for all the details.