You may often find this amazingly delicious dish as a street food. Many people wish to make the chole Tikki recipe as like stallwala makes because they are so tasty that everyone just gets drawn by the aroma. Today I am going to tell how to make Tikki at home as like these street sellers but with a twist. We will not make the chaat, but an appetizer or snack.
You need potatoes and chickpeas that you have to boil perfectly that they can easily mashed. Finely chopped onions, cumin, and fennel (sauf) dried mango powder (amchur). The combination of all these ingredients makes a delicious aroma that gets spread in your entire kitchen. Simply keep one thing in mind that potatoes and chickpeas should be perfectly boiled otherwise you will have difficulty in making tasty aloo Tikki or patties.
To give them a crispy texture coat them with breadcrumbs. This recipe for aloo tikki is tasty, healthy and instant. It takes only 30 minutes to cook. At last, serve this with pudina chutney or sauce. Read the following recipe and enjoy with family.
Cuisine: Indian Appetizer – Chickpeas Cutlet Recipe (Chole Tikki Recipe)
Preparing Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Serving – 3
Ingredient for Chole tikki recipe / Chickpeas tikki recipe
- 1 Cup Chole (Chickpea) soaked overnight
- 1 Medium Potato boiled and mashed
- 1 Onion Medium finely chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 3-4 Green chilli finely chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Souf (Fennel seeds)
- ½ Teaspoon Dry Mango Powder (Amchoor)
- ½ Lemon
- ½ Teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- Cooking Oil for shallow fry
- Salt as per taste
Method of cooking Chickpeas Tikki or Chole Tikki recipe
- Boil soaked Chickpea in a pressure cooker, Make sure it should get soft nicely.
- Strain the chickpea remove all the water and mash it smoothly and take into a medium bowl
- Add mashed Potato, Onion, Salt, Cumin Seeds, Green Chili, Souf, Ginger Garlic paste, Lemon Juice and Coriander leaves
- also, add 1 Teaspoon of oil and mix well
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape as Tikki or as you desire.
- Cover these tikkiwith bread crumbs and keep it in the fridge for around 10 minutes
- Take oil in a flat pan keep it on medium flame
- Once the oil is hot shallow fry the Tikki till it gets brown from both the sides
- Serve hot with Pudina chutney or Tomato Ketchup
For recent post updates on my blog, LikeFacebookbook page to get the feed: Kalpskitchen