Black chickpeas, also know as Bengal grams, Garbanzo beans or kala chana is one of a very healthy ingredient available in every kitchen. Adding black chickpeas or Kala Chana in your diet is a very healthy option for your body. It is a good source of dietary fiber and rich in protein, vitamins and mineral Plus a low-fat diet. It is free from sodium and cholesterol means healthy for the heart. Moreover, black chickpeas help in weight loss, Stabilizes Blood Sugar and Low Glycemic Index, Cardiovascular Benefits, Prevention of Diabetes and much more.
Because of so many health benefits and good nutrition fact and low in fat, I decided to make some healthier recipe today with black chana. So here is the Kala chana gravy recipe which is truly healthy and nutritious. Black chana recipe is delicious and cooked in several parts of India, You can make black chana with variety in gravy option, Today I am opting for satvik black chana recipe. If you want to go ith normal gray then you can add onion, ginger, and garlic to the gravy to make it spicier.
Check the step by step Black Chana Gravy – Satvik Recipe
Cuisine: Indian Cuisine – Satvik Black Chana Gravy (in Satvik Diet)
Preparing Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving – 2
Ingredients for Satvik style Black Chana Gravy
- 1 Cup Black Chana soaked in water overnight
- 2 Medium size tomato (Make Puree)
- 2 Green Chili finally chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seed
- ½ Inch Ginger Grated
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon cumin Powder
- 1teaspoon Chilli Powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Cooking Oil – 2 tbsps
- Salt to taste
Method of cooking Satvik style Black Chana Gravy
- Take soaked black chana in pressure cooker add 3 cup of water and some salt, boil it till 3 whistle on medium flame.
- Heat oil in deep frying pan on medium flame
- Add cumin and mustered seeds
- Once seeds crackles add tomato puree sauté it for 2 minutes then add other spices mix well. Add a little water if needed.
- After 2-3 minutes trun the flame into low and cover this and cook for 5 -7 minutes
- Add some coriander leaves and cook for 2 minutes
- The color of masala will turn into brown, now add boiled black chana in masala mix well
- Cook it for 5 minutes in medium flame then turn the flame into low again cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatti or rice.
For recent post updates on my blog, LikeFacebookbook page to get the feed: Kalpskitchen