Many a time people tell me that what to eat during fasting, they got irritated eating only Sabudana Khichdi during fasting days. Well, here is one more delicious fasting recipe that you can have on the menu for fast, Singhara Atta and Potato Paratha
Singhara Atta and Potato Paratha are like Thalipeeth only but somewhat different.
Various dishes can be made with it such as dosa, cheela and are ideal vrat ka khana (Navratri fasting). Chestnut flour is healthy as it is gluten-free and rich in carbohydrates, which provide energy to your body. Singhara and Aaloo paratha is not only taken during fasting days but can also be served as a breakfast with any pickle(achaar). Chestnut flour is used as an alternative to wheat flour that is an ingredient in many Asian dishes.
Method of making Singhara and Potato Paratha is given below, read it and try to make it yourself. Tell me your experience about the recipe.
Singhara Flour and Potato Paratha Recipe – A delicious bread for fasting made with Singhara Flour Potato and peanuts
Cuisine: Indian Fasting Snacks – Singhara Flour & Potato Paratha
Preparing Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Serving – 2
Ingredients for Singhara Flour and Potato Paratha Recipe
- 1 Cup Singhara Flour
- 2 Medium size Potato boiled and mashed
- ½ Cup Peanuts Roasted and grind
- 3-4 Green Chili finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds Powder
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon ghee
- 1 Table spoon Refined Oil to shallow fry
- Rock Salt ( As per taste)
Method of cooking Singhara Flour and Potato Paratha Recipe
- Take a mixing bowl, add Singhara flour, Potato, Peanuts, green chilli, cumin seeds powder, rock salt coriander leaves Lemon juice and ghee.
- Mix well all the ingredients and make soft dough for paratha let it take rest for 10 minutes.
- Take the mix and divide it into 6 equal part and make lemon size ball
- Take one dough ball and coat it with Singhara flour on both side, put it on rolling board (Chakla) and roll it out into a circle smoothly.
- Place it on hot tava on medium flame, after ½ minutes turn it to another side then spread oil on top of it and cook it till get brown.
- Use the same method for rest f the dough.
- Serve this delicious hot paratha with Curd or Green chutney
For recent post updates on my blog, LikeFacebookbook page to get the feed: Kalpskitchen