How to make Sev Tomato | Dhaba type Sev Tamatar Recipe
Sev Tamatar (tomato) is an Indian Gujarati dish made with onions, tomato curry and topped with sev. Some of the people add Aaloo Bhujiya to make it more tangy taste. It is also popular by sev tameta nu shaak recipe usually served with Parathas and roti. Some people also eat with rice.
Well, it’s an amazing cuisine and takes very less time to cook. You can add any type of sev of your wish, either homemade, simple sev (cloves or laung) or Ratlami sev. It depends on you. When you don’t have time, not in a mood to cook food or confusing what to cook, then this easy Indian sev tomato curry is the best option to cook as it consumes less time.
It has a perfect relation with time, you don’t have to do much for preparation. Simply, sliced onion, tomatoes, and mix other Indian spices increase the taste. Squeeze lemon and garnish with coriander leaves. You can also, prepared without onion and garlic but it depends on your taste. Enjoy and serve your family. Without wasting much time in reading just go and prepare you quick sev tamater recipe dhaba style as you also have to watch more your favourite serials!
Cuisine: Indian Main Course – Sev Tamatar Recipe (Sev Tomato Masala)
Preparing Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Serving – 2
Ingredients of Sev Tamatar (Sev Tomato Recipe)
- Oil as required (one and a half tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup Sev
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped (adjust according to your taste)
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced
- 2 big tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt as required
- Lemon juice of 1/2 lemon
- Water as required
- Fresh Coriander Leaf, finely chopped
Method of cooking Sev Tamatar (Sev Tomato Recipe)
- Take oil in deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds let the seeds crackle.
- Add the sliced onions and let them cook till they turn soft and brown.
- Add Ginger garlic paste and green chilli and cook for around 5 to 7 Minutes.
- Once it is done, add the chopped tomatoes. Mix everything properly, cover the lid and let it cook till the tomatoes become soft.
- Add all the masalas including turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and cook it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now add required water depend on how thick gravy you prefer.
- Let it cook for another 5 minutes or till it has reached the desired consistency.
- Lastly, add Sev, lemon juice and mix everything well. Cook for about 30 seconds, switch off the stove and garnish it with chopped coriander. Serve with phulka.