Baby Corn Capsicum is an amazingly tasty and easy to make recipe to have with Roti, Naan or Rice. It is also known as corn masala curry or baby corn jalfrezi. Crispy corn and soft capsicum slices give a mixture of soft and crisp texture to your tongue and It is so tasty that while cooking only you can get its mouth-watering aroma. Baby Corn Capsicum recipe is delicious as well as healthy too.
Cuisine: Indian Curry – Baby Corn Capsicum Masala
Preparing Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving – 2
Ingredient for Baby Corn Capsicum Masala
- 5-6 Baby Corn sliced
- 1 Medium Green Capsicum (Bell Paper) finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato finely chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jira)
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander powder (Dhania powder)
- ½ Teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 Teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Cooking oil
Method of cooking Baby Corn Capsicum Masala
- Keep Sliced Baby corn in hot water for about 10 minutes then drain the water.
- Take oil in a frying Pan and keep it on medium flame.
- Add Cumin seeds and Bay leaf in the Pan
- Add chopped onion and sauté it till it get brown
- Then add ginger garlic paste and cook it for around 3 minutes
- Add Tomato, Turmeric powder, Red Chili powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala mix well and keep the flame low, let it cook well for around 5 to 6 minutes
- Add Corn and Capsicum in the mix, add Kasuri methi and salt; mix well, cover and cook it for around 10 minutes
- Saute the mix in between to avoid burn, add small water if required
- Check the baby corn and bell paper if it cooked properly or not, if not, cook it for more 5 minutes and switch off the flame
- Garnish with fresh cream and coriander leaves and serve hot with Chapati or Roti.
Nutrition fact about baby corn capsicum masala:
The two main ingredients baby corn and capsicum have many health benefits that are not known very commonly. Eating corn is roughly equivalent to eating a banana, it is a rich source of calories that gives energy to the body. Apart from this Baby corn is good for digestion, improves vision, prevents diabetes, hypertension and anemia. Whereas, Capsicum is a great source of vitamin C & E and contains fiber diet, also has anti-cancer benefits.